Saturday 14 May 2011

How about that nickel?

February 2007 met me grinning from ear to ear as I travelled from New York to Florida to hang out with two of highschool besties. Why was I so happy? Well I had just completed all the criteria necessary for me to graduate, ie there was a new doctor in the family!

I am failing to mention that as I am travelling down to Ft Lauderdale, Florida I think about how Mr Allen was in Miami, Florida. For the first time we were in the same state at the same time...well as far as I knew. However, he was doing a study course so meeting him was of course out of the question.

We of course texted each other and called each other all the same. This my friends however were all about telling me how they never knew I "giggled". I did not giggle, just merely laughed with a more musical tone when talking to Stephen.

So on this one night my two friends and I wanted to go to out and we decided to go and watch a movie at Aventura Mall. On the way there I get a text basically asking me if I were free we could meet up for dinner. Now, I can say years later I had a panic session in the back of Ori's car and laughed histerically and said No I am not gonna meet him. Which Ori and Arona (two of my besties) simply said oh yes you will! To this day I love them for the moment they talked me down from wanting to climb the outside of the Aventura Malls building to calmly going to meet the man of my dreams(literally!).

I wont say it was love at first sight because I was too freaked out to even remember I could see. Stephen was sitting down on a bench waiting for me. I saw him before he spotted me and I stood behind a pillar and would not move. (Remember this is the young lady who is soon to become Dr. Cooper!) My friends did not even realize I stopped walking with them for a few seconds. I called Stephen on the phone and let him know I was there and that I saw him. I quickly lost alot of my nervousness as I burst into laughter when shortly after introductions Arona threatened Stephen if any harm came to me. (Gotta love her!!)

My besties went into the movie theatre and we went over to the Cheesecake factory right across the street. I would lie to you if I said I remembered every word that was said every intonation. Not at all. I do remember the butterflies and our first kiss, a stolen one it still makes me giggle.

Another first in our journey. First time being in the same state, first time meeting, first date, first kiss! First time I realized just how much Stephen gave me indigestion (yup thats what im calling it for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment